Thursday, March 6, 2008

3. Transcend.

I am pretty much satisfied in my life.
Life is wonderful.
I am doing great.
Everything is smooth.
Nothing could be better than this.

These are some sentences which I keep on hearing from my friends and most of the times from within. What makes such feeling occur? May be, I am pretty much happy with my current phase of life.

“What next?” Does this question arise? If at all, do I really have a deep consideration on the same? It might happen that this question arises but is usually overlooked. Why? Again, a similar reply. I am so very happy, content and satisfied with my current life that I don’t need to transcend. I want to continue living the same.

Am I sensing that overlooking the question is making me overlook the stagnancy which is on its way? Am I carried away to such an extent that sooner or later the state of inertia will occur? What after that?

On the other hand, aren’t there so many things is life which I want to do, rather I feel like doing but eventually am overshadowing those feelings with a comment – “I am happy and ok now. Why should I start burning my fingers in doing a new stuff?”

Am I looking at 2 major loss areas here?
1. I am flowing towards sluggishness
2. I am avoiding things which I really want to do.

Of course, if I am living with a feeling shown in initial few sentences, nothing like that. It’s a very positive life but if I am neglecting the unanticipated hindrances or being impassionate about my likings, I might be leading myself to misery.

Here is the thin wall of dissimilarity between satisfaction and contentment. I can always be satisfied with what I am and what I have but I need to develop the hunger for enhancement and diversification. This will flourish the challenge-accepting persona within me. This will “Awaken the Giant within”. I will strive for constant improvement. Transcend is the keyword, which literally means “rise above”, “go beyond”, “exceed” and so on.

As soon as the period (.) after the initial 5 statements is replaced by “but”, TRANSCEND approaches.

No comments: