Wednesday, January 23, 2019

3. Breakdown.


Yesterday night at around 9.30pm while returning from a function with mom and aunt, I was driving at about 50 kmph on a 2 lane road. There were a few vehicles ahead, behind and by the side. Without any particular indication, the car turned off and gradually came to a halt.

I was out of the city and didn’t know anyone around. However, I made a couple of calls for help and simultaneously was requesting the cars behind to move into another lane as my car was stranded in the faster lane. A couple of them stopped by and asked, what happened but by then, I had no clue so I just signalled opening both my hands outwards.

In few minutes, a biker stopped by and asked me the same question to which I replied as I did earlier. Further, he was extremely kind to offer help by saying that he knows a mechanic nearby and he shall grab him right away. Before I could tell him to refrain from investing his time, he had flown off. Instead of anticipating a mechanic coming at that hour, I made another call and was thinking of getting the car picked by towing van and us by a cab.

Before I could fix up anything, a couple of guys approached and asked me to open a bonnet. I was thinking what to do and immediately saw the biker parallel to me.

Upon finishing the work that took hardly 30 seconds to accomplish, they were leaving after conveying that it is sorted. I told them to wait as they didn’t ask for remuneration. Both of them said there was nothing much to be done. I told them, it is not about the amount of work but the timely support that helped me resume the journey safely.

The world is full of kind people, and it is amazing to experience it. Truly appreciate the biker and those engineers.   

No comments: