Monday, August 26, 2013

4. Revolution.

On the 7th day of June in the year 1893, at the age of 24, while Mohandas Gandhi was on his way to Pretoria, a white man objected to Gandhi's presence in a first-class carriage, and he was ordered to move to the van compartment at the end of the train. Mohandas, who had a first-class ticket, refused, and was thrown off the train at Pietermaritzburg. 

Shivering through the winter night in the waiting room of the station, Gandhi made the momentous decision to stay on in South Africa and fight the racial discrimination against Indians there.

History says that the seeds of the revolution were sown on that very night.

While I second to what history says, I would like to ask myself a question - "Has there not been any incident in my life similar to the one above that was worth a revolution?"

I admit that there were many.

What happened to those incidents then? 

Why were such incidents different than the one occurred in the life of Mohandas on the platform of Pietermaritzburg?

I believe there was no difference between the seed; the inception of the revolution. The difference was - "Gandhi's seed was transformed into the purpose of his life and my seeds (at all such incidents) took a pause immediately after it's inception"

Had Mohandas taken a pause (which he could have easily done thinking that it's a part of life or anything else), things would have been diverse.

From that day onwards, it took him a mammoth 54 years, 2 months and 8 days to see the light of the day.

Can I take a pause from my comfort zone and resume my revolution, my purpose, my being towards a dignified life?

No comments: