Tuesday, February 6, 2018

1. Whom Am I Gonna Touch Today?

Whom am I gonna touch TODAY?
-------------------------------------------------------

Few days ago, I checked into a restaurant for a planned business lunch.

While I was waiting for the client to arrive, I was greeted with a glass of bottled water. I expressed my gratitude.

In next one minute, another staff came and started cleaning the table where I was seated. He did his job meticulously and as he was about to switch to the adjacent table, I uttered - Hey, great job brother. ThanQ so much. How nicely you cleaned it!

As a return gift, he gave me a wide sparkling smile and beamed - Thank you, Sir.

The lunch hour was practically more than an hour and as I started moving towards the exit gate, I could sense someone following me. As I looked back, I could witness the same young Cleanliness Engineer and this time again he smiled and stayed unmoved.

My hands reached out to my wallet and before I hand him over a currency bill, he remarked - Sir, I don't want money. All I would love to do is to Thank you for such a lovely gesture that made my day. I have no words but I am touched.

I tapped his shoulder and made a swift exit.

I would like to ask myself - Whom am I gonna touch TODAY?

No comments: