Sunday, June 22, 2008

3. Philosophy.

I was having a dialogue on philosophy with one of my dear pal.

He remarked - Philosophy always is non-sense. Philosophers just move in a circle and reach nowhere and life ends just in fooling around. Only truth makes sense.

Whatever he said was absolutely making sense. Then I questioned myself – What is Philosophy? Is it really a non-sense? Am I just fooling around reading all such books? Am I simply creating a mess? Am I muddling my life?

“Only truth makes sense” – This thought flashed and diverted my mind from those umpteen questions coming up. Whatever is truth, can’t it be any kinda philosophy? And any kinda philosophy can’t be a truth? Can truth and philosophy ever be synonymous?

Philosophy may be a sheer non-sense until it lies in books. Once it becomes synonymous with the way of life, it might start making sense. Nonetheless, this is my Philosophy.

Précis, Philosophy is nothing but a standpoint.

No comments: