Sunday, July 20, 2008

3. Choice.

Choice is what I simply choose to be, to do. That’s all.

Choice and Decision are 2 totally different things. Choice evolves from heart and the action starts. Decision may or may not evolve from heart but prior to action, there is an intermediate step of logical thinking and conclusion thereafter.

Choice is like – I want to do and I start doing it. No reasoning whatsoever. For instance, one fine day, I feel like going for wild life photography and I start my excursion immediately. This is a choice.

Drilling down, there are a lot of intermediate decisions like selecting the best jungle, the safest place, manipulating the risks involved. All this is logic. Of course, its worth if it doesn’t kill the passion; the choice persists.

Let’s categorize choice and decision

1. I choose because I will be benefited from it. – Decision.
2. I choose because I want it – Decision.
3. I choose because I like it – Decision.
4. I choose because I choose it – Close to choice but not choice.
5. I choose. (‘because’ is non-existent) – Choice.

...More to come… after some more logical analysis on Choice and Decision :)

No comments: