Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2. Presence.

At times, I feel why does my mind dwell so much in future, most of the times and if not, in past? Seldom it’s is in present, aware and awake.

Although, I have seen that no matter what I have lived through my life and will continue to live till the end of it. Somehow, everything is managed and this is true not only for me but I believe, most of us. Of course there are hard times and soft times but that depends on many factors. Certainly, oscillating between the tenses won’t help.

For instance, I keep on thinking – What if I lose the current source of income? I feel, the immediate reply could be – I would find another one. Well, it might not look as simple still is it not the appropriate answer anyways? The answerless state won’t help for sure and thinking on elaborated replies won’t either.

I am not saying that there is no action required for these thoughts / queries. The mere action is the immediate reply and the planning, if required. As another example, my mind is constantly grumbling about being stagnant and looking for a change. This thought is disturbing me a lot. Now, I can start a series of questions and get the replies and act upon.

1) What makes me feel stagnant? – A. I want to explore something new and hence current profession is making me feel stagnant.
2) What do I want to explore? – A. I want to explore my passion
3) What is my passion? – A. My passion is to do some business
4) What type of Business? – A. I want to open a retail shop
5) What do I want to sell? – A. I want to sell garments
6) Have I started on Preliminary Investigation and Feasibility Study? – A. No
7) Do I want to start? – A. Yes
8) Please go ahead and do so. As and when I go ahead, I will get more questions and subsequent replies
9) If the answer to 7) is No, then please don’t waste time and either concentrate on the current profession or quit job, sit idle and leave it on destiny. Choice is mine :)

Planning and Action go hand in hand. Planning without Action is like daydreaming and hence chances are high that everything turns futile. It simply results in more and more dwelling in future, followed by accumulation of frustration and the ultimately “state of despair” occurs which leads nowhere.

Well, was I in present (aware and awake) while composing this article? Although I composed at one go, I fail to answer myself. What a travesty!

No comments: