Tuesday, July 27, 2010

4. Zoo.

A few days back, while taking a photographic tour of a Zoo, initially I was taken aback thinking of those animals who love to wander around with no boundaries are stuck up in a tiny cage and that’s their world. However, I further felt that it may not be as bad either since they are secured and also get the food, medicines etc. Of course, they have to pay the price but life is still safe.

After a while, I got another thought – Is it not my story?

For my present and future security, I get my self into the cage of responsibilities, notions, etc and hardly move out from there during my lifetime. Well, actually I do move out and see the world but I always have that baggage loaded on my head and back.

Don’t I cage myself for a lifetime with a purpose of enjoying freedom in life?

PS (Courtesy Suchit) - During the French revolution, when the Bastille was attacked, and the prisoners freed, the old-time prisoners (who were bound to one place with chains in a dark room) refused to move out in the world. They just wanted to remain there.They were insecure of freedom. And so are we...
- Thank you so much, Suchit.

No comments: