Tuesday, April 24, 2012

2. Torch.

While I walk in the dark with a torch in my hand, I tend to throw light a little ahead of my feet so that I can see the path and also move forward. As I move forward, I experience that the light is also moving ahead. Light and I, we both are in sync. Gradually, I reach the destination place and when I look back, the path still appears dark. If I try to view the source with the light, I can't see anything as it's pitch dark. How did I cover the path then? It's such a silly question with a silly answer - While moving ahead with the torch, my focus was on the immediate next step and not the destination. The target didn't arrive immediately, it took time but I did reach there eventually. What do I do in Life? As soon as I think of doing something, achieving something, being successful on a project that I have undertaken, I tend to throw the torch at the destination that appears to be either hazy or completely dark. There are 2 significant demerits that come out of this thinking. 1. I feel like giving up on my mission as I don't see a clear picture because of my torch set only on the destination and not on the immediate next step. 2. I don't see, feel, experience and analyse the immediate next step and fail to enjoy the experience of execution. As a result, I stay standstill. Neither I move forward, nor I experience the wonderful present moment thinking that I am a failure and I cannot do anything in life. I have a torch, I need to throw some light on the present moment and the immediate next step. Success, Destination, Achievement, Target, Goal, Result will happen...

No comments: