Thursday, June 18, 2009

2. Money.

Paise ki daud mein zindagi khatam ho jaayegi and before you realize ki zindagi khatam ho jaayegi, zindagi already khatam ho chuki hogi

The above line quoted by a very dear friend of mine literally mean – During the money-race, life will come to an end and before you realized that life is coming to an end, it would have already ended.

Probably or rather most definitely, each one of us know this. What is the thing that makes me run after money? This is a very clichéd question I would have asked myself and others umpteen times.

The only 3 words that come to my mind are Love, Longing and Belonging. I feel these are the 3 precise things which make me run after anything and everything. It’s not always that I don’t want to live life or I forget to live life. If the feeling of Love, Longing and Belonging is more inclined towards living life, then that is it.

I don’t say that I need not long for money but of course my focus should be on longing towards the reason for which I am making money. Also, to live a “quality” life, I need to have money i.e. there should be some amount of money that belongs to me. Rather than money belonging to me, I start belonging to money and just love and long for it till the close of play.

Sincere gratitude towards Jimit who made such a pragmatic statement which put me in shatters but on the other hand rejoiced me too thinking I have still a long way to go even if I start living life today. :)

No comments: