Tuesday, June 10, 2014

3. F for Goal.

F for Goal
Yes! FIFA 2014 is just around the corner. Hey but, It’s FIFA, it’s Football and it has to be F for Football.

Why F for Goal?

Well, what’s the most important and enticing event in the game of Football. No marks for guessing but it’s (a) GOAL!!!

That’s alright but still F for GOAL?! Sounds F for Funny…

Let me scratch my head and think about the Goal of my life. Is there one?

Umm…Well not one but there are many; rather there are many categories where I have my goals.

Can I list them down?

Certainly! The grouping is as follows –

1.        Finance
2.        Family
3.        Fitness
4.        Fun
5.        Fame
6.        Freedom
7.        Free-Will
8.        Fulfillment

Oh my God! All the eight sections under which I have my Goals are starting with F as in Football; Oops F as in Goal.

I am not going to ask myself that what is the target corresponding to each category of the Goal. Nor am I going to question myself on what is the timeline I have set for my Goal. The only two things I would like myself to ponder over are –

A.        Since when have I started the pursuit of these Goals?
B.        How much time do I have in my Life to accomplish these set aspirations?

The answers to both the above enquiries may vary depending on an individual. However, by and large I can assume that after I finished my studies and took up a job or business, I started setting my aspirations. Let me consider that an average human age is 65 years and normally, at the age of 25 one ventures into a money making profession.

Besides, let’s say for instance that I am at 35 years of my age so that means I have been through a journey of a decade since I have started pursuing the Goals under the categories mentioned above. Hypothetically, if I am to live for a total of 65 years means I have another 30 years to accomplish these objectives.

Yes, I do have a lot of time but what is important here to check on where I have reached today since the time I incepted. Of those 40 years, if 10 years have been spent, ideally I should arrive 25% nearer to the accomplishment of those defined purposes.

If I am lagging behind, I better speed up. If I am in sync, it’s perfectly fine but still I need to maintain the pace. If I am ahead, that’s incredible but need to ensure the balance. If I haven’t started yet, now is the time and today is the day…. I can still cope up.

Transcending from F for Goal, all I would say to myself is GO for GOAL...

PS - The age thing is just a hypothesis.

No comments: