Thursday, February 28, 2019

1. Head-ing.

Bike rides during the end of winter in the maximum city are super fun to me. The not-at-all chilling but soothing winds make it really worth a spin.

Off-late I have been frequenting more on the highways. Although I am not too finicky about the safety gear, I ensure that I wear a helmet while cruising on the motorway.

Approaching the traffic light on 2 wheels is sheer excitement as the entire motorcycle fraternity finds their way and comes ahead of the four-wheeled luxuries thereby forming a handlebar conglomerate right below the traffic light.

On that day, the red bulb on the traffic light was supposed to glow for a significant 70 seconds. The countdown had already begun. A dude seated on a lovely beast made his way and settled next to me. Not a real good day for him as he hadn't put the helmet at the place it is supposed to be donned.

I saluted him and with an obvious astonishment, he shrugged. I smiled at him and delivered - I see no difference between you and a brave soldier!

He was puzzled and inquired - What is it?

You and a soldier carry an amazing level of dedication. Both of you have don't care about your heads. I admire you.

As the lights turned green, the helmet that was playing the role of a bangle until now had taken it's real place and the wink of my eye resulted in a smile on his lips. Both of us flew off.

No comments: