Thursday, February 28, 2019

2. What about her?

I have been fortunate enough to enjoy most of the drives and rides without encountering much traffic. At times, this results in some amount of impatience during the times when congestion becomes inevitable.

Few days back, I was feeling luckier as the roads were deserted and I was riding at nearly 80 kmph. A fast moving machine overtook and I could observe that the rider was thoroughly enjoying his ride. I felt good to see a sturdy and classy helmet on his head. He also had a female pillion and probably, that must have made him cruise in style.

In no time, he went away from my vision and mind. A rare occurrence was in making. 4 kms down the line, I saw that the vehicles had started piling up. The urban biker couple struck my mind followed by a bad thought that sprung out of my heart.

Thankfully, I saw them making their path ahead on the slower lane. Since the other lanes weren't moving, I took the same lane and at one point all the vehicles irrespective of the number of wheels they were standing on, came to an halt.

Since I had some passage ahead of me, I moved ahead till I could. Ultimately, I landed up next to these bikers. Although I didn't want to enter their private space, I couldn't resist from making a couple of comments.

I appreciated - Hey, you have got a nice helmet, dude!

The guy was quite composed and replied - Thank you so much. It is the safest of the lot, too.

I made a bold remark - What about her safety?

Both of them were stunned. Before they could react further, someone behind me honked to enlighten me that the traffic had moved ahead. I shifted gears and also the lane.

No comments: