Thursday, March 7, 2019

2. Share the Joy.


Recently, I was travelling with a friend and the typical me was on a constant chatter mode. It was a long journey and sure enough, we had a lot to talk about.

I happened to asked him about his 7-year young champ. He smiled and conveyed that the dude was all good but he comes up with some or the other demand every day and the list is growing. He also added that although they can afford to fulfil his wish list, it is important for the little one to realize the value of the same.  

I asked him if I can poke in. He approved. I asked him to continue fulfilling his wish but next time whenever he asks for anything, buy 2 units and give him. Naturally, he will ask about the extra piece and when he does so, tell that obviously, one of the two is to be consumed by him and the other one is to be gifted by him to someone who cannot afford it.

In less than a week, he called me and requested to catch-up over a coffee. I assumed that my idea must have bombed big time and now he is gonna chew me up.

As he entered the lounge, I stood up to shake hands. He told my hand, nudged me closer and tightly hugged. Before I could react, he started expressing his gratitude and further told me that the gesture of sharing worked so well and had a great impact on his kid.

The small boy actually carried both the articles with him on his next trip to the school. Soon as he saw an underprivileged kid, he approached and with his own hands, gifted the stuff to him. Moreover, during the weekend, he accumulated all the things that were in great shape and conveyed that he wants to present all these things to those who are in need.

Sharing Joy is the only avenue where division results in multiplication.

No comments: