Saturday, March 16, 2019

5. Respect for Money.

Respect for Money
-------------------------------

When a phone rings on a lazy weekend afternoon, it is boring to even check who is calling. Since this one rang when I was walking back from my water break to become a couch potato again, I checked on the name that flashed.

Never thought that an initial warm-up talk will help me gain great insights.

Upon asking about the kid's routine, my friend on the phone told me that her kid is doing awesome and has started earning too.

I was astonished assuming start-up India being taken up so seriously and before I could run my horses further, she told me about the revenue model.

Each day if the kid finishes her school meal, she would get ₹10. On completing afternoon snack, another bill of the same amount. Also, another chance of remuneration would occur if the dinner was sorted with zero tantrums. Above all, if the behaviour throughout the day was satisfying as per general criteria decided, ₹20 would be rewarded. Net-net, an opportunity to make ₹50 a day.

At the end of the first month, her earning was ₹960.

It was decided to leave upto the kid to utilize the money but with the consent of parents.

The best outcome of this exercise appeared when the mommy and kid went to a store to buy a few things that the kid wanted to buy from her own income. After selecting the items, the kid rushed to the cash counter and started enquiring about the sum-total of the bill.

Since it was her own money spent, she realized the value of it and in turn, earned a lot of love and respect from her parents.

From the bottom of my heart, I respect such lovely parents who don't miss on inculcating awesome values in the kid's life.

No comments: