Sunday, June 28, 2020

4. Jack Mars, I Am Listening.

Few days ago, I received a message that mentioned - Hey, do you know Jack Mars (name changed), by any chance?

I replied - I have heard the name; can't quite recollect but tell me what's the matter?

"I have given up and want to quit soon". This is what Jack has written - came the reply.

I requested for Jack's phone number.

Without investing time in thinking about what to talk, I dialled Jack.

After around 45 seconds of ice-breaker, I said - You may want to confide in me. I am here to only Listen.

We spoke for 24 minutes and approximately 90 percent of it was listening.

A couple of statements I firmly added from my end were - The duration of our lifetime is decided by the ultimate supreme power; let's not interfere into and try to change it. All we should do is focus on changing how to LIVE in that duration.

He concluded that he is feeling better and has accumulated some strength.

He also added - Some phases of life are really so wierd that you feel like giving up.

I said - Yes, it can and might happen. Hence I want to request for a simple promise - God forbid such a situation arises but in case if it does, Please register in your mind from now onwards that you will call me before coming to any conclusion, even if it is 3am in the night.

I will LISTEN.

No comments: