Sunday, August 30, 2020

2. Who Was?

 The door-bell was constantly buzzing. I felt I have woken up to a dream, but the sound kept entering the ears while my eyes were wide open. It was 1.30am.

I was all alone at home. Although I rushed to attend, my heart was feeling scared. As my hands reached out to the door handle, I wasn’t sure what should I do – My brain was asking me to open it and the heart was speechless. The brain signal overtook the silence of the heart.

Please take me in. The mob is after my life. They might reach here in the next minute – came the voice.

Before the eye-contact could be established, he entered, shut the door from inside and fell on my feet.

Hey, but, who… what… how… anyway listen, please stand up first – Flabbergasted me could manage to speak this much.

He rushed to the water-bottle, that was just 10 feet way. I am not sure how much of it went inside his mouth but all I could notice is it was all over his already panting face and little on the floor already.

I am so sorry, but you please don’t panic – The person who was dead scared was telling this to me. Irony!

Somehow, I could balance my brains and asked him – Ok tell me, how may I help you?

Before he could tell anything, the ever-melodious door-bell rang and for the second time in last 12 minutes, I realized that soothing door-bell can sound annoyingly noisy when it rings at the wrong time.

They are here. Please hide me – Now he was scared beyond limits.

I said – Go inside the bedroom on your left and I will manage.

At the door with the same feeling, I opened and 3 ppl with sticks in their hand asked me about him.

I responded – Hello, who are you? There is no one here and why have you guys surfaced at this hour and that too in such a dangerous avatar.

I could tell this only after gathering so much of courage in 3 seconds.

They asked me – Are you sure there is no one in the house and you are all alone?

I don’t know what struck me and I happened to convey – My maid is in. Do you want me to fix up a meeting with her?

Let’s go. This guy is crazy – Came another voice.

As they were about to go, a sound of vessel reached out to all the ears that were present.

Who’s that? – asked the first person

The third person advocated me – He just mentioned about the maid. Now, let’s not invest more time else we will not be able to fulfil our purpose.

I exhaled so deeply that it sounded like I was taking off to the space. While rushing towards the kitchen, I screamed – I asked you to hide in the bedroom. Now come out of the kitchen quickly.

He came out from the bedroom and that left me in a bigger shock.

I questioned myself – Rasode me kaun tha?

 

 

 

 

No comments: