Wednesday, August 27, 2008

6. Insight.

One of my pals asked me “When are you planning to retire?” Pretending to be in a hurry I told him “Catch you sometime later and discuss the retirement stuff”.

On my way, typically I asked myself – “What is retirement and why does everyone seek it?”

The very self-feedback was – Of course, to sit back, relax and have a good time doing either what I want to do or simply nothing.

What would be the ideal age then? Probably, the age when I will be simply good for nothing for my friends, family, society, nation, etc. Isn’t it? This almost compliments the self-feedback above. Have I overlooked a striking point though? What about doing what I want to do rather doing what I love to do? When will I do it? How will I be able to do it at that age?

Nothing atypical about this insight which almost always ends with one word questions like What? How? When? Why? Also, It’s easy to digress from questions where the replies seem to be more chaotic or fussy.

Can I not think of restructuring the emblematic insight? Can I not feel – Retirement is here and now. Sound weird, huh!

Of course, it has to sound weird as ‘restructuring’ is more than a word. I got to think laterally. I got to think out of the box. Well, just think? Not really.

I got to pen down the to-do and to-be list and just start living it up. Pretty theoretical! Yea, I know!! In the world of here and now, theory and practical are synonymous. This is the moment where I can do and the restructuring is “I am doing”. Besides this, there is nothing in my control. If I fall, the activity of falling has happened. Uncharacteristic implementation here would be to rise this moment and resume.

I unlocked the door, picked up the phone, called my friend and left a voicemail - “I am retired” and hung up the phone.

No comments: