Monday, September 1, 2008

1. Garbage Truck.

Here is a forward mail. The reader may wonder, why have I put the forward email in this blog when I have a seperate blog for the same. Please read on, it's self explanatory. :)

The Law of Garbage Truck.

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his breaks, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us.

My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean he was really friendly. So I asked, "Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!"

This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call "The Law of the Garbage Truck." He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you.

Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the street. The bottom line is that successful people don't let garbage trucks take over their day.

After receiving the above mail from Suchit, I had commented -
"Great learning for jerks (read ‘Dilip’)"

In reply to this,

Suchit wrote -
What u feel is a jerk,
Cud also be a perk,
And in the future of studs,
A young dynamic turk.

Dilip wrote –
Today he is nothing more than a jerk…
Only does philosophical tark-vitark…
Paryushan come and go, still no fark..
All day dreaming about money and merc ☺

Suchit wrote –
Who knows this is a step ahead,
On the road commoners fear to tread,
Ur level is at a higher plane,
Than of those thinking of just butter and bread….

Dilip wrote -
Higher – Lower is a perception
What about the right direction?
If Life ends wandering here and there
You or me, it’s all the same conclusion.

No comments: