Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2. Passion.

The lust for comforts murders the passion of the soul -Kahlil Gibran.

To begin with, I need to pen down the passion of the soul. There are many when I simply give it a thought. How far I wanna go is the real question.

For instance, if writing is my passion, what exactly I want to do in this area? The answer, probably, could be “I should write regularly, compose a book, publish it, and start with a new book and so on”. How long is this passion gonna last? May be after a while, it will start getting monotonous. I might even start losing interest and think of shifting the passion. Simultaneously, the yearning for comforts and luxuries might gradually start taking the front seat.

To fulfil the lust for comforts, the primary resource is Money. To possess Money, I need to earn it and to earn, I need to work. This is quite a linear process. This process does seem stagnant over a period of time but then the lust for comforts and luxuries makes me feel the need for running more and more to survive in the bloodthirsty environment. Practically, this is where I tend to forget about my comforts and just focus on slogging hard and minting money.

Some day, I sit back, relax and ask a question to myself – What am I doing? Is it a dream life I am living? Am I enjoying my earned money? How am I enjoying my comforts, luxuries, material possession and overall, social life? Have my hobby ideas gone for a toss? Ah! Where has the love for my passions vanished?

Too many questions start popping up. For instance, did I not want to learn playing a guitar? Or had I ever thought of shaping up my body?

These thoughts dwell on the mind for a while; most of the times followed by making ad hoc plans, thinking about the milestones and accomplishments related to the passion of the soul.

A pearl white Mercedes Benz C220 CDI fleeting in front of my eyes followed by triggering a lust for its possession murders the passion of the soul.

No comments: