Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1. Need - Opinions.

After reading through my previous post - Need, a very senior colleague of mine had exchanged a few words with me which I feel are worth penning down

Commenting on Need, Bhooshan says -
--------------------------------------------
Truly speaking, life is pretty empty, and we spend a life-time filling it with trash!!!

Dilip replies -
---------------
Life is empty and meaningless – is very true

However, a purpose added to it can give some meaning to it. Now, the perspective to that purpose is individual.

For instance, if I quit my profession and start a NGO, most of my folks will feel, I am foolish and filling my life with trash.

But that so-called trash might be what rubbish is for a pig (who thinks it as a feast).

The question is whether I am happy with Trash or no :)

The resistance, more or less comes from the outer world. When I see my self as swimming opposite of the flow (getting out of the rat-race), initially I will certainly develop a negative feeling – Will I not sound insane getting out of the rat-race, which seems to be the actual happiness people are longing for?

PS: Not intending to contradict you, just presenting my perspective :)

Bhooshan comments -
-------------------------
Swimming against the flow is also a rat-race, no body does anything for free...

The bottom line is to understanding how we operate, and how best to position our assets (intellectual, material & social skills) to the right purpose…

It is futile to think whether we have made a difference to the world, the truth is – have we made a difference to ourselves, day in and day out?

Dilip adds -
------------
Absolutely true sir..

I believe, when you say nothing is for free, it’s not only to do with Money.

One always needs something out of it.

I might be digressing but this is like – Each and every individual is Selfish in this world.

I don’t intend to say that being selfish is bad. Selfish is something I do to attain something.

Even if I feed a beggar and attain peace and happiness, I am doing it for peace and happiness and that makes me selfish, IMHO.

No comments: