Friday, January 28, 2011

2. The Experience.

Why do I want to travel several miles to cater to needy people with food, clothes and vessels? In a country of 117 million people with per capita income of mere 1000 USD /year, where a majority live below poverty line, what difference am I gonna make by spending a day or 2 in entire year and understanding their situation?

Probably, I will wish that such situation never arises in this life and others to come; perhaps, I might avert grumbling for a couple of days about the things that I don’t have or possibly I will pray for their betterment for a few days, while also seeking strength and courage for myself incase I fall in such a situation.

The biggest and the most hidden of all maybe I can boast the activity to whomsoever I come across by making others feel that I have executed one of the most complex and challenging tasks without any selfish motive. The other way of bragging could be to talk about a selfish motive of seeking their love and blessings by just being with them for an entire day and making a purposeful day for self in a one-track life where I crave to do something different to look unique in the eyes of my near-dear ones.

Having said all the above, I still would go ahead and pat on my back by quoting that despite having other options to entertain myself, I did chose this one with a reason of gaining peace, bliss and self-satisfaction.

Undeniably, it was a soothing event that was pioneered with an extensive willingness to execute the entire activity and involved an immense amount of preparations, sincere and dedicated team-work, strong thrust towards the purpose of serving the mankind, crafting an efficient project plan and implementing it to the best possible level by investing the raw material of time, efforts, money and resources through the medium of body, mind, heart and soul.

Most definitely, I would like to continue with these activities with multiple purposes viz. being a small reason of generating smiles and pacifying hearts; experiencing the peace within and above all, to get connected to the self.

To achieve many things in the materialistic, I forget to ‘LIVE’ those moments while I am in the process of achieving whereas this can be one reason where I can ‘LIVE’ and experience the best of ‘LIFE’ without any materialistic achievement.

No comments: