Saturday, June 23, 2018

3. Dreamy De javu.

As always, the car started at half crank. I simply love the feeling of sitting in the car for around 30 seconds post ignition. By the time the fuel runs in the line, there is almost nothing trending on my mind.

I stepped on the gas and in less than a minute, hit the silky tar of EEH. To my surprise, it was desserted. Usually it is fast moving, but hardly had I encountered such a low volume of vehicles.

Cruising through the mesmerizing combination of green trees and black terrains, the time taken to reach the Gate B of the workplace was significantly less. The next moment was more surprising as I witnessed a barricade in front of the gate.

The security officer swiftly moved the barrier and made way for me with a smile and salute. This was a shocker. The movement inside the campus was quite sparse.

Assuming something wierd, I gently clicked on the power button on the cell phone and checked the date. Didn't find anything strange until I saw the day of the week that displayed - Saturday.

How silly was the feeling! I traveled for 20km just to enlighten myself that it is a weekend. Wow!

To celebrate my foolishness, I thought of buying an ice-cream.

The next moment, I could see mom asking me - what is it you are eating that makes you exclaim 'Yummy' in your dream?

Ah! I had woken up to a Saturday early morning dream that made me traveled to work erroneously on a weekend.

After my routine, I switched on the phone to see a text from the president - Can you make it to work today for a couple of hours?

No comments: