Monday, November 5, 2018

1. Helmet.

It was a not-so-busy day but stopping at the red light is inevitable.
I had to be passive for next 75 seconds behind the steering wheel. Per my usual pattern, I looked around and next to me, saw 2 riders on the bike. A little closer observation made me comprehend that they were cops on their official bike – no uniform, which is ok and no helmet, which is not-so-ok.
I rolled down the window a tad bit and waved to both of them. The rider responded. I made a polite gesture blended with few words – Sir, firstly I would like to acknowledge that you guys care so much about our safety and sacrifice a lot for the same. However, what about your safety?
Both of them were a little puzzled. On the next tick of the clock I put my index finger on my head and said – Where is the helmet, Sir?
The rider realized and smile. The pillion got down and asked me to put my window down a little more. I did so and he was like – Our helmets are at office; moreover we are in a civil dress.
His tone and facial mien sounded like he wasn’t so happy with my remark.
I said – Sir, all I want to say it please do care about your safety.
Before he would make the next statement, the rider told him – Whatever this guy is saying is right, so let’s go.
I beamed at both and greeted them with Diwali wishes. Both responded with a smile and made their way through the gap that was already formed.
The honk from behind made me realize that the light has turned green.

No comments: