Saturday, October 10, 2020

3. Who was - II?

I shall be back by 9pm, You take care while I am away - Although concerned, Mom was happy as she was gonna have a rendezvous with her sis after long.

My heart jumped with joy and hands reached out to dial her number.

Are you sure it will be safe? - She countered with a sheer hesitation in her voice.

Wow! Finally, I see you. I was holding my excitement since infinity - Feeling on the top of the world, I exclaimed.

I feel excited, yet worried - her statement sounded more like a whisper as she was expressing her concern, while tucked in my arms.

Don't worry babe; it's just you and me for next 5 hours, and may be a little more.

Oh! God...Who must be at...? - She intoned frantically as the doorbell rang.

I'll get that. Meanwhile, please hide yourself in the bedroom - I muttered as I rushed towards the door.

What made you take forever to open the door? - Mom was panting yet she could manage to keep her speech firm.

Bang! - A surreal voice of an object desperate to hit the floor head-on, surfaced from the kitchen.

Reva, What are you doing here? - Mom was flabbergasted.

Mom, Let me explain... - My voice was at the submissive best.

Mom punctuated - Wait a minute. Reva stepped out  of the bedroom.....

Then....

Rasode me kaun tha??

No comments: