Monday, July 20, 2026

1. Identifying the Swachhand.

 The Task: Identify the (egoic) self-will (Swachhand) in the activities and occurances and action it in alignment with the higher purpose


The experience: 


This task felt less like an exercise and more like an inner journey.


Amidst work, weekend plans, sports, fitness, spiritual reading and other activities, there were repeated moments; sometimes brief, sometimes prolonged, when I would suddenly pause and ask myself:


"Am I being Swachhandi here?"


Very often, before I could think further, another question would arise on its own:


"What would Sadguru Bodh (the teachings of the enlightened masters) or Jin-aagna (The commandments of the almighty) indicate in this situation? What have my spiritual mentors been trying to cultivate in me all these years?"


That naturally led to a deeper observation.


- Am I presently in Saakshi Bhav?

- Am I aware that Raag or Dwesh is operating?

- What is the intensity of Moh in this activity?

- Is this involvement really necessary?

- Or am I convincing myself that it is required from a Vyavahar standpoint, while actually becoming engrossed in it?


Shrimad Rajchandra's words repeatedly came to mind:


"There is only one path to the Supreme Ideal in all three periods of time. Accept only that Vyavahar which helps lead towards Paramaarth."


Gradually, two simple questions became constant internal alarms for me:


AIA: Am I Aware?


and


IIN: Is It Necessary?


These two questions repeatedly interrupted the momentum of many activities and invited me to look within before proceeding.


One thing became very clear to me.


This entire experience has value only if it contributes to my own inner growth. If I narrate this experience with even a subtle expectation of appreciation, recognition or validation, then I would be missing the very purpose of the homework.


My focus has to remain on my own upliftment. The Laksh of Self-realisation should never be lost. Observing Swachhand... Moment by moment, task by task, situation by situation has itself been beneficial.


This also reminded me of the three-month practice that was suggested in March... to sit with oneself for 48 minutes daily. I had not formally taken that vow, but I genuinely wished to experience it without carrying the burden or identity of "following a vow well." That itself felt like a subtle danger.


I noticed a similar danger zone during this task as well.


Whenever AIA and IIN became active, another question sometimes emerged:


"Am I truly working on myself only for self-searching, inner cleansing and upliftment?"


This also led me to another observation that was very meaningful for me:


Am I serving the real and permanent identity (the Soul)? Or am I serving the temporary identity of body, mind, name, ego, possessions, greed, attachment, anger, pride, deceit and delusion that belongs only to this birth?


I do not see this task as something that has concluded. Rather, it has given me a direction for continued observation.


I sincerely wish to continue this practice.


The constant practice of AIA and IIN, with the backdrop of the teachings received from my spiritual mentors, Satpurush Bodh and Jin-aagna, has made this exercise deeply meaningful for me.

No comments: