I don't think maturity is something that can be answered with a simple "Yes" or "No.", or who is more or who is less!
In the material world, I tend to generalize qualities like maturity, intelligence, success, wisdom, and capability. But these are not absolute traits. They are often context-dependent.
A person may be very mature when it comes to handling relationships, yet immature in managing money. Someone may make excellent business decisions but react impulsively in emotional situations. Another person may be highly disciplined in health but careless with time.
So, if someone asks me, "Is this person mature?", my first question would be: Mature in what context? According to which parameters? From whose perspective?
Without defining the context, any answer is incomplete.
The same applies to success or intelligence. My definition of success might be living an enriched, meaningful life, while someone else's definition may be accumulating wealth. Neither definition is universally correct; they simply reflect different value systems.
Because of this, I also feel it's unwise to become happy when someone calls me "mature" or upset when someone calls me "immature." Such judgments are usually made within a particular context, using criteria that may or may not be relevant to me.
Mahavir uncle says: Don't get caught in raag (attachment) or dwesh (aversion). Observe the drama of life with sakshi bhav...as a witness.
People's labels are often limited by their perspective. I can acknowledge them, learn from them if they're useful, and let go of the rest.
_"So, I wouldn't label that person as either 'mature' or 'immature' in general. I'd first want to know the context. In some aspects they may demonstrate maturity, while in others they may still be growing."_

No comments:
Post a Comment