Friday, September 21, 2007

2. Goals - An Essay.

This is an Essay written for one of my friends on the following topic.

Personal Goals v/s Organizational Goals.

While I start writing this topic, I get a feeling from within that how I can distinguish Personal Goals against Organizational Goals. The reason is pretty straight.

When it comes to setting up my Personal Goals, I always consider myself as a part of some organization or the other. Organization here can be anything like Social, Family, Spiritual, National, etc. To elaborate, my Personal Goals are always related to the growth of the Organization I belong to, in addition to my personal growth.

Anyhow, In spite of such feelings, I would still like to go ahead and kind of distinguish the two, with an exception of blending them when required.

I do sound selfish when it comes to dedicating all my time earning money for my luxuries. Here, I am doing nothing for the Organization as such. All this is for a better life which I need to design for myself.

I could have done so many things for different Organizations I do or do not belong to. I could have helped the Government build up the infrastructure of my country. I could have helped the needy people in the society by dedicating some of my time and money. I could have helped my family for all their present and future necessities. I could have helped people to go ahead in Spiritual path by traveling and sharing some of the spiritual knowledge I have. I term that as the knowledge of Life.

If I earn a lot and pay proper taxes, I can go ahead and support the Government in raising funds which will eventually improve the infrastructure of the country. This will take care of one of my organization called “Nation”.

If I mint big bucks and take out some money out of it for any social cause(s), I can help the needy to reduce their worries. This will take care of my “Social” Organization.

Further, I can use those bucks to satisfy the needs of my family in many ways. I can support someone for Higher Education, some one for Business. This will take care of my “Family” Organization.

Above all, I can use my money for Spiritual growth of Self and others. As a part of “Human” organization, I have a feeling that Spiritual growth is essential and its all about Living Life happily and peacefully.

Hence, at this stage, I just have one personal goal as quoted above. I just want to make big bucks. The repercussion can lead towards achieving one, two or all the organizational goals quoted above. In that case, this essay would become “Personal Goals along with Organizational Goals”.

If I don’t have any other vision besides just making big money and design an ultra-luxurious life for me (not caring about anyone else), the topic still remains “Personal Goals v/s Organizational Goals”.

No comments: