Sunday, September 30, 2007

4. Future.

After a busy day at work, I feel like moving towards my home. Appear in front of my car realising that i've forgotten the car keys at my desk. Opening my wrist watch panel, I give a voice command which deactivates the keys at my desk. Anyhow, even if I left it activated (default), they can't work unless they recognise my thumb impressions. Still, just to be on a more safer side, you know.

Now, I open the doors of the car. How? Simple. A combination of voice and touch at the door handle.The steering sensors recognise my palm and the engine starts off. What if I take off my hands off the steering? Nah, thats not a way to stop the engine. It goes with a voice-touch combo again.

As I arrive in front of my house, the door opens. Yes, Automatically. It does a retina scan even without me knowing it. I step in the kitchen to grab some food. There is a display on the fridge (short name for refrigerator) which quotes that there ain't any milk. Also, it says that the fruits and juices are about to get exhausted.

I visit the supermarket in my neighborhood. No, I don't go there. The fridge display connects me to it. I order a few things and checkout. It says I need to be there anytime between 17 minutes to 150 minutes to pick up my order. Incase I dont reach there by 100 minutes, I will be reminded through a beep and display on my wrist watch.

Now, I feel like eating some popcorn. My microwave reads my pulse and suggests me to take 100gms of popcorn.It also recommends me, not to take coffee for an hour. Makes sense.

I release a voice command which hits the TV at the speed of 340 meters per second and the TV is on.Some kinda Music is been played as this is the default channel when the TV is switched on. I wanna listen to some news. I just say NEWS. There is some 20 different channels showing news. I select one.

Got a beep. It's time to go to Supermarket. As I switch off the TV, I get a display that I need to return the DVDs. I collect'em and rush to the Supermarket. Throw the DVDs in the return basket, collect my order from window no 3 and checkout using my thumb impression on the monitor where the bill is displayed.

Come back home and cook food using the pre-set microwave program. After that I switch on the music system and sit for my dinner. The speakers are all around my house but the sensors have caught the motion in the kitchen andonly those are turned on. I wanna locate a particular track in my jukebox. I dont remember the words. I just hum the music and the track is located. It starts playing.

I finish my dinner and put all the dishes in the Dishwasher. It's pre-programmed. It's gonna wash and dry the plates/dishes/bowls et al in 30 minutes and dispose them the the tray behind it which will elevate and place itself on my kitchen platform.

I choose to move out of the kitchen. The lights are turned off as I move out (sensors) and meanwhile the dim lights in passage and on the floors turn on for the clear vision. As soon as I step in the bedroom, the lights and the speakers turn on. Oh! I forgot to switch off the music system. Neva mind, I just will give the voice commandto my speakers as have a built-in mic to understand.

As soon as I close my eyes and say Good Night, all the lights in my house go off and I am off to the world of sleep, where everything that seems impossible becomes possible.

I open my eyes and realise that it's morning time and I say Good Morning expecting that the TV in my bedroom will turn on understanding the command. But hey, nothing happened. I see the calendar and the date is 30-Sep-2007.

This is today. I am in Present. Where is the Future? Oops, I have left the Future in my Past (i.e the World of Sleep). Aaha!!

No comments: