Sunday, January 25, 2009

6. Hammer & Etch.


The other day I was chatting with one of my friend about listening to spiritual discourses. I admitted that I am not a sound listener.

She tried to flatter me saying I must be concentrating more on implementing rather than listening. I laughed it loud saying I don’t think so.

Listening is hammering. All that is spoken anywhere and everywhere gets hammered on my mind. What happens after that? If I am trying to break a stone and I keep on hammering it, it’s gonna break for sure. What if I am trying to make a sculpture and I just keep on hammering the stone?

After certain hammering, a significant etching is a requisite for creation of the sculpture. This is more of a common sense. Isn’t it?

What do I do in the inner and outer world? I listen to so many things. Rather, I would say, I hear most of the things. Post that, most of the times either I forget or I make sure that I forget most of the things. Even if I feel it’s beneficial to me, I procrastinate and wait for another occasion (rather another hammer) to appear. I want the sculpture to be created just by occasional hammering. I don’t realize that even if the hammering is recurrent or constant, it’s simply not gonna work.

Implementation is etching. It’s worth noticing that etching is also a combination of hammer and chisel but the way it is used is different than plain hammering.

Hammering will give the rough idea of all the things. To implement the ideas I want to and moving on the path is nothing but shaping up the hammered idea.

I simply hammer my mind in and out
In due course, I am filled with doubt
What is right? And what is wrong?
I am still stuck and can’t get along.

No comments: