Monday, January 26, 2009

7. Dream.

This morning I caught up with a friend on my way to office. There was a subtle stillness for a while. Most of the times I agree with Eckhart Tolle who says – Stillness Speaks but at times the silence is so very killing that I enforce my within to speak out loud although I have nothing significant to say.

Anyhow, I wanted to break the silence and I started with a sentence. You know what I had this dream last night where I met you and others in the hotel where we reside.

He nodded with a question – What exactly happened?

I replied – I heard a fire alarm sound and it was pretty much loud and consistent. I just put on my flip-flops, took along my cell and room keys and started stepping down. On my way I met a lot of friends and finally I saw you at the lobby. We stepped out together and were chatting a bit. Meanwhile, the fire-fighters appeared and in few minutes everything was fine. Post that, we jumped into the elevators and dispersed. I reached my room and hit the bed in no time. That was all.

He was listening throughout without a blink of an eye. Gosh! I really wish to be an amazing listener one day. We almost arrived at an intersection from where we had to scatter. At the very juncture, he told me – Dude, that wasn’t a dream; it was real.

That was preposterous. I kept staring at him while he quoted statement followed by a couple of questions – Unfortunately, nothing went wrong and we all happily went to respective rooms. What if something had gone wrong? Would you still have considered this as a dream? He immediately left bidding an adieu.

I kept wondering on the second question till the time I took my elevators to work. I didn’t get any answer but was left with a question. Do I just live in the dreamy world until death (which can strike anytime explaining the reality)?

No comments: