Saturday, January 17, 2009

5. Why?

Aasman hai neela kyon, paani geela geela kyon, gol kyon hai zameen?

These opening lines of a song from a bollywood flick “Rock On” literally mean –
Why is the sky blue, why is the water wet and why is the earth round?

Initially, I felt, why has a first-rate lyricist raised such meaningless questions?

Why do I want to run in the rat-race to make money and still crib about it? Why do I want to be grumpy about a no-money situation? Why do I always think of making fast money? Why do I work only for profit? Why do I always think that I have a hidden potential and never try to explore and exploit that potential?

Why do I want to grumble on a happy day thinking too much of happiness is also no good? Why do I not want to sit back and relax for a week? Why do I think that taking a day off without any reason and doing nothing is simply a waste of time? Why do I just keep thinking about the purpose of my life and do nothing about it?

Why do I feel reluctant to admire someone if I actually feel like doing so? Why do I feel heavy on head when I have nothing to do? Why do I feel that despite being loved by so many folks around, I am good for nothing? Why do I feel I am indispensable?

Why do I make contradictory statements? For instance, I want to make quick money but want to play safe too. Why do I feel confident in advising others and when it comes to me – I feel it’s not my cup of tea? Why do I anticipate failure more than success? Why am I scared of diversification?

Why sometimes even if feel so, do not pull out a penny from my pocket and hand it over to beggar? Why do I want to do a charity with my name tag? Why do I never want to be simply selfless? Why am I not ready to incur loss if some one else is benefiting out of it? Why do I always want to pray for myself?

Why do I suffer being lonely in a crowd? Why do I crave for a company when I am literally alone? Why do I carry so much of ego? Why do I want people to notice me? Why do I always think of future? Why do I always strive for a secured life? Why do I hate struggle? Why I don’t have guts to get rid off traditional ways of doing things? Why do I always feel like attempting tried and tested ways? Why do I always want to be ahead of others? Why can I never think of demoting myself?

Why do I never want to write my death certificate? Why do I never want to visualize my dead body? Why do I not realize that I have come with an expiry date? Why don’t I wonder about my post death whereabouts? Why do I never want to die? Why do I strongly believe that I am not gonna die despite being to a funeral an umpteen number of times? Why do I feel that the above six questions are pretty depressing?

Why do I have so many questions? Why do I want to still add more and more questions to this list? Why do I want to pen down such questions and further, why do I want to blog it up?

Why do I always just want to do? Why not be?

The questions in the lyrics are certainly meaningless if I don’t have answer to any of the questions that I have quoted above.

No comments: