Monday, September 13, 2010

2. Local.

There is this classic story of Mumbai Local train where in a person who wants to get down at a particular station is advised by his fellow passengers that the train is not supposed to stop but might slow down so in case he wants to get down, he should jump out of train and to avoid tumbling down, he should continue running in the direction of train. He does so and in panic, he continues to run faster in the direction of the train. The train however slows down further and the people in the other compartment feel that this guy wanna board the train and eventually they pull him into the coach. Before he reacts, the train is already on the move at its normal pace.

In this train of a stereotypical life, many a times, I feel like doing something eccentric and attempt to get out of the train. However, I fail to stop on the platform and do continue my run in the direction of the train. Quite obviously, some one or other is already there to pull me up. Ofcourse, I am not blaming them as it was me who was supposed to stop and make sure that I am not hooked on the train again.

Someday I feel I should get down on the platform and don’t wait for another train going in same direction. :-)

1 comment:

vcd said...

brilliant again! this analogy is also super apt ... nimits are always present and unfortunately have so far always proven to be stronger than me!