Friday, April 8, 2011

4. Parents.

One of my friends had penned this down. I did some modifcations.

Well now that the parents have left for our hometown, I am sitting alone ay my apartment and reckoning the past 2 beautiful weeks that I spent with them. I actually deep-dived thinking did I really spent time with them? With the new job on the platter plus the long working hours, didn’t get really some relaxed and quantifiable time with the parents to talk to them; to feel and experience them comprehensively.
Yesterday, I took them to a local mall. While they were holding my hands, we entered slowly and as they were inquisitively looking everywhere, I could see the proud feeling in their eyes. They look around at the new things, well dressed people, and the environment and meanwhile, I could take a wild guess that their hearts are full of love and pride thinking that not only their kid is doing well, but also the nation is developing. Looking at the wonderful attires and showroom, I had tears in my eyes as I have always seen them in a couple of pairs all their life. I immediately rushed and did some shopping for them. I was super happy and so were they.

Sometimes I feel that the parents at our stage of life become what we were during our childhood. It’s something like a role reversal. Parents gradually tend to become kids asking for answers and we may or may not care to give them one. At this point, I am experience the reminiscence of a wonderful book called “Tuesdays with Morrie”.

Further, I held their fingers and looked at the world with an amazing confidence. It was a breathtaking moment. They actually wanted to hold my hand and move around. I realized this when I peeped into their eyeballs after holding the hand.

I very well remember that, I was scared of taking new steps to an unknown direction and would look at my parents as if I am most in this huge world. My mom felt the same when she had to take an escalator and at that point in time she was looking forward to tighten the grip of my hand. It was indeed a great feeling for me as if I was driving her to the path of glory. I was not able to figure out whether I am growing old or my parents are becoming too old.

Today an evergreen looking youth is growing old and gradually will start having grey hairs. One thing that strikes my mind is that I need to spend more and more time with my parents while I feel I am still not-too-old now and I need to do a good time management especially when I am spending relatively less time with parents, who are above God as they directed me towards the almighty. Had they not been around, I would have not existed.

No comments: