Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2. Happy, Right?

In relations, what is Important? To be happy or to be right? I believe, predominantly to be happy. Some may say -Why not both? Well, I feel in striving for both (as Both may seldom be achievable), I more of fool myself and look for being right and as a result of being right, happy. At times, I may be happy with the relation but not always happy with the person and the probable logic is -The person feel that he / she is right and as a result of that, I possess this intrinsic feeling that when my counterpart is right, I am bound to be wrong. Can I sometime feel like agreeing with what is right in his / her perspective? I believe that in doing so, the first feeling I may have is a Ego hurt. Taking a step further, if I just look at the happiness of my counterpart, who is actually happy in being right, what can I do? I can choose complement his / her happiness and be happy about it, isn't it? Difficult to digest but worth a try. I tried, I enjoyed. Not sure, if I shall try again :) Any which ways, at this point in time, I am happy and I think its right to be happy and it's my right to be happy. :)

2 comments:

vcd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vcd said...

In any situation one always try to be happy ... in a relation, even when you admit you are wrong and the other person is right that's only because u have chosen to be happy (maybe to end the argument and get happiness that way or giving up just to make the other person happy and in turn becoming happy urself) ... on the other hand, when u try to prove u r right u r again just trying to satisfy ur ego and hence in turn fueling your happiness. We have always attached importance to being happy ... if we are proved right along the way that's a bonus and we feel justified to some extent ... but finally it's all being happy!