Tuesday, November 14, 2017

4. Candles.

Candles

I love you – She texted him.

Jumping out of his cubicle, he was overjoyed and replied – Wow! Am I seeing a dream?

She responded – What happened? Can’t I express my feelings?

He beamed – I am more than excited to read this after a long while, as I don’t even remember when was the last time you expressed it to me.

She had a chuckle on her face, which she transmitted through the text message.

Wait! Wait!! Wait!!! – Are you wanting to shop something expensive, ha-ha?

She broke into a laughter and followed by 3 grinning smileys, she added – What do you think?

No, I am not doubting it but am a bit coaxed. Ha-Ha. I am loving it, nonetheless.

Enjoy the attention, baby – She typed followed by a wink.

I love you too, hottie – He replied and added a kiss icon.

You took like almost a century to respond to my first statement, isn’t it? – She didn’t suffix this statement with any emoticon.

He felt worried but had to balance – I was elated, also a bit anxious and hence took some time. Also, at least I replied. Better late than never, darling.

Are you taunting me? – Again, the absence of a symbolic gesture was evident.

Hey no no, I was just adding some humour. Let’s lit up a candle tonight over a delicious dinner – This was the best way he felt to cover up.

She keyed – Ok and appended it with a simple smiley.

He was emotional when he entered the text – I am really sorry for what happened this morning. I pushed off without concluding the argument. I am sure I sounded very rude but I wouldn’t budge as I wanted to blame you for the occurrence. Ideally, I should have apologized. I felt like doing so. However, my ego didn’t allow me. It is very silly of me. I am the culprit for shouting on you. Please forgive me. Love you loads and eternally.

She deleted all the above messages except the last long text and slid the phone next to his wife who was about to wake up. In a moment, his wife took the phone and read the long text. The wife was in tears and replied with a big red heart icon.

She felt happy to see the emotional smile on the wife’s face and was also glad to be an instrument in mending the quarrel between her mom and dad.

As he entered home at about 8.30 pm, he was thrilled to see the candles lit on the dinner table. So was the wife as she came out from her room. Fortunately, there was no exchange of words over the candles but those were ignited by their sweet little daughter, obviously!

No comments: