Monday, November 27, 2017

6. Delicious Dinner Date.

*#TuesdayMorningShortStory*

He was asking a recommendation for a wonderful restaurant and a cuisine. He was confused as it was not an easy choice to make although he didn't leave any stone unturned.

She was all decked to go on a dinner date.

He called her up the previous evening and told her that he has picked up a restaurant that serves an amazing dish.

Being a foodie, she asked him if he has ever tried it out.

Indeed, and it was stupendous! - He was excited as he expressed.

The dinner was served.

They had a soothing walk along the shore, post dinner. The beautiful lady thanked him for a lovely dinner as they entered into the car.

After dropping his charming date at outside her apartment, he was giggling throughout until he reached his home. It was a first date with her, after all. He was glad that he had made a right choice of restaurant and cuisine.

A week later, he planned to fix up a second date with her. This time he wanted to try a new place but then he thought of revisiting the same place again since he felt they should experience the memories that are etched over there. He expressed his wish to take her out.

She agreed.

They visited the restaurant umpteen times thereafter.

On a peaceful Sunday afternoon, he called her and requested her to get dressed in a white attire. She didn't envisage anything and just nodded.

He took her at the same place after having a light dinner, as usual he looked upon her with a spark in his eyes.

She was smiling with confusion and asked him - What's the matter, hero?

To me, you are my first ever date and this is the first and only place in my life wherein I have come with a gorgeous lady. I would like to come with only you over here henceforth. I would love to enjoy the fantastic evenings and the amazing food that you love here. You are my first and I am certain, the last date of my life. I wish to transcend over these lovely dates and and fill each date of the calendar with love for you. As he continued, he was on his right knees, his left leg rested on ground and folded at the knee and raising his right hand and while take her right hand ahead, he held her 4 fingers and uttered - Will you marry me? I love you and I need you in my life forever. I want to make memories with you and so much that at the sunset of our life, if I am dead, you can cherish those for your lifetime. Please accept my proposal to marry you.

She was in tears and couldn't speak a word. Biting her lower lip and somehow managing to be stable, she just nodded with her chin southwards. She felt shy but her heart was dancing and bouncing.

Post wedding, they celebrated at the same place over a candle-lit dinner. He had booked the entire restaurant for 2 hours so that all the arrangements could be made.

They would religiously have 2 to 3 dinners a month at the same place.

Days flew, months passed and years walked away...

Both of them had crossed their 60s and were experiencing a wonderful married life.

The three of them would earn a lot of happiness and love. He, She and the Restaurant, that was nothing less than a family.

One day, he got a terrible pain in chest which followed by a stroke. He was admitted and treated.

Doctor told her wife - Currently he is out if danger but due to his extremely low pumping, the next stroke, even a mild one would be fatal.

She wanted to ensure that he shouldn't know anything about this and hence she pretended to sound normal.

He was suffering and he got the hint. He decided to go to the restaurant but she was not keen as the outside food wasn't advisable anymore.

He insisted.

She agreed.

After a few days, he could sense that the end is nearing. He called her besides and was feeling nostalgic.

Slowly but steadily, he started narrating their entire life backwards. She was quietly listening.

As the story reached to the first date, he said - Darling, I want to confess one thing - I had never been to that restaurant earlier and moreover, I didn't like the food that was served when we had gone for the first time and haven't liked it anytime thereafter. However, I didn't want to snatch away the happiness on your face as I always saw you enjoying the same.

She had a flat expression on her face when she exclaimed - Oh my God! That's so sweet of you but let me also confess that I have had the same feeling all my life about the food in that cosy little restaurant.

Both of them couldn't resist laughing on each other. The embraced and simultaneously whisperer in each other's ears - I love you!

No comments: