Monday, August 20, 2007

4. Forgive.

Is life fair?
This Q used to come to my mind so frequently. Sometimes the answer used to be NO.
The same Q pops up still cos the mind is still the same ya. Now, the answer is always a YES.
There is no magic behind it.

I always used to feel when something (especially "negative" in general definition) happens, it's not because of me, it's a result of something done by some one else. The consequences were simple. I always wanted to take a revenge.

There was a feeling that taking revenge will make me feel lighter. I don't care about the loss. Just I want to feel lighter. That was the objective.

Further, I read some books - spiritual, philosophical et al. I realised that taking revenge doesn't cure anything. Infact, it does create enemies. What is the point in creating enemies? Whatever happened has already happened. Just have a big heart for them, go ahead and forgive them.

Sounds gud !!
I always felt like implementing this. Many a times I failed to do so. Still, I fail to do so. I have not taken up that responsibility of implementing it. Infact, I have a feeling that I should not implement this either.

There is something futher to it and which I have realised in past few years. Infact, I had been taught and I felt like realising it. When I forgive someone, the mistakes appear in front of my mind and what I am doing is forgiving those mistakes. What are mistakes?

Mistakes are something (committed by some one) as a result of which some loss(es) incurred in my life. Now, this is totally my definition oy mistake. It's not the generic one.

Anyways, the realisation here is I don't want to forgive anyone cos I don't want to see anything as mistakes. Infact, I want to work on this in such a way that I never use this word. Forgiveness will come into my mind only when I focus on this word.

Kindly forgive me if you think I have commited a MISTAKE in writing this.
PS: I said I don't want to use that word for someone else from me. Others are free to use it for me, isn't it :)

No comments: