Monday, August 27, 2007

10. Rules.

Why do I follow rules which are not formed by me? Ya, True. I shouldn’t.

How about the rules which are formed by the Government?
Oh yes. I need to follow them. Infact, I have to follow them.

What, if I don’t follow them? Hey, don’t even think of not following them.
Why? Aah c’mon; I might just be caught and have to pay for it and suffer as well.

If I am sure that I won’t be caught, will I still follow them?
How can I be sure about it?

Lets assume that somehow I am sure about it. What will I do then?
Ofcourse, I won’t follow them.
Why?
What why? Why do I follow rules if I am not going to be caught?

Can’t I follow the rules by my choice?
Yes I do; only if I have formed them.
What about the rules not formed by you but for you?
Again, why should I if I don’t like’em?

Just because they are set for me by the Government of the country which I stay in, Isn't it my responsibility to follow’em? Above that, the Government is also formed by me and I am very much a part of it. Hence the rules are actually formed by me, for me. Anyways, this is a different angle.

I feel that following the rules can set me free.
Wow! What’s that?

For Instance, Why do I buy ticket when I travel by any public transport?
If I am caught, I have to pay heavy penalty and I might also be jailed.
Well, Can I not buy the ticket with the feeling that I am paying for the services provided by the Government?
Similarly, Can I not pay taxes with the feeling that the money taken by Government will be invested in the infrastructure and other areas which will take the country further?

If I have a feeling of paying for the services, I will be free from the thought/feeling/fear of being caught. I will follow the rules by my choice. The rules will be mine.

Infact, those won’t be rules anymore. With such attitude, they will just become a way of life, a part of life.

Can I see beyond this and think of implementing the same with respect to family, friends, money, relations and love? Can I sense the feeling of freedom within the prison of world?

Hey, where is the Prison?

No comments: