Tuesday, August 14, 2007

3. Independence.

Today on the eve of Diamond Jubilee celebrations of our motherland’s Independence, most of the people feel happy and gay (but just for a day?) Since last sixty years, aren’t we Independent each day?

(Track change…..)
What kind of Independence is this when I still need a reason to feel the happiness? I am asking myself whether I am dependent on something to make me feel happy. The answer from within is YES. Does this mean that by nature, I am not happy? Whenever, I have nothing to do, what I feel? Sad or Happy? Whatever is the answer should be the nature as this is the default situation I am talking about.

Isn’t happiness by default?

Hold on, where am I going? Was I talking about Independence or Happiness? Well, I really don’t feel the difference. I am Independent and Happy simultaneously.

The feeling of Independence makes me feel a unique being. It proves my existence. Why were our freedom fighters starving for Independence? The reason is we wanted to prove our existence. We exist as an Independent nation and we need to show this to the world.

Why do I require Independence? It has to sound abstract but being Independence will make me feel Egoless. When I am independent in true sense, there isn’t any scope of competition and comparisons. I am content with my work, my life.

People into business may have a counter. Don’t I need to be dependent on my customers/clients? Those into Job will raise this query. Don’t I need to be dependent on my employer/boss?

The clients/customers are not doing business for me. I am planning my business and creating clients/customers. The employer/boss is not doing my job. I am working for that particular firm.

Well, Happy Independence. Rather, Be Happily Independent or may be, Independently Happy :-)

1 comment:

prabhu.i.am said...

O'Dilip!
You and your readers might enjoy this posting from a friend's blog: From independence to Independence ... (http://nithyam-dhyanam-anandam.blogspot.com)