Monday, November 3, 2008

1. Introspect.

I possess a typical syndrome called “momentary influence”. Earlier, I have written about this. Why do I have this syndrome? This is something I don’t want to think about. Neither do I want to think of getting rid off the same.

What I want to focus on here is the word momentary. What If I look forward to eradicate the word momentary and make it read as permanent (without inserting the word). Can I live up that mere influence for a life time? Why do I swing even before answering this question?

There might not be a particular reply but this can generally be due to other thoughts popping up and showing off their importance in life. Ever since the time I started making my own choices, have I stuck to one single purpose that influenced me? Some might have a reply as YES and I truly salute them.

Before the passionate YES, I just want to raise a question. Had it been the case, would I not always be happy, content and satisfied (Come what may)? If I am, the salute stays.

What if I am not? Doesn’t that mean, something else keeps on influencing me at regular intervals?

What happens when I sit back and introspect this? Rather, in such situations, I do always feel like getting into the introspection stage. What do I actually do? I think about the influence and the further action to be taken. I start fabricating the do’s and don’ts for the future. What next? Is another influence ready to catch up my mind?

I feel - Introspection needs to be written down in length and then worked upon in such a way that the word momentary gets rid off in a moment.

1 comment:

vcd said...

Very nice post!

A single purpose affecting every decision that I make is great but the means might not always be perfect which in turn leads me to improvement when I reach stagnancy or don't make necessary progress towards that purpose.

A need to improve shows that I am not happy where I am and hence the need to do something different/more/less. Thus, having a single purpose in life doesn't necessarily mean that I will be happy in everything I do, IMHO.

But totally agreed that introspection needs to done in great detail every day, hour, moment.