Sunday, November 9, 2008

3. Diverse.

There are times when I think I need to diversify. It’s been long I have been doing the same thing. The ultimate aim is to make money; whether I diversify or not. This is what I would feel few years back. Now, I feel that although I need to make money, I don’t see it as an ultimate aim.

When I take pen & paper and start jotting down the things I want to do, the list is almost endless. Still, why do I take away my focus and start resuming what I have been doing since ages? Is it because I feel that the so called things are not going to earn me bread and butter? I don’t think so.

Analyzing further, I have a feel somewhere deep within that if I do something different than what the entire world is doing, what will be the repercussions? Will I be treated as a moron or an insane? Will people say that I am nuts to make such weird choices. Will my folks ask me to continue what I have been doing as that is the mere and correct path to success?

This is what others will think and say, which might eventually influence me and ultimately, I will tell my self – the world is not crazy to run after money. There will be some certain purpose behind the same. Also, if I don’t work at this phase of my life, I will become lethargic and gradually lose my senses. Besides, I will see my future in some asylum where in people will be busy with my rehabilitation.

To get rid off the feeling of diversifying, I will focus on the examples of those who have diversified and failed. On top of that, I will focus on the success examples in the typical world that have climbed the ladder of success with hardly any visible obstacles.

Can I not find any success stories in the areas I want to diversify? Can I not create one such story? A self epic of a person (me, myself) who dared to swim opposite the flow and attained success in the way he felt always. Memoirs of a MAXIMUM life.

No comments: