Tuesday, November 11, 2008

4. D- Day: Nov 14, 08.

Is there any vital decision to be made on this date? Any big deals gonna be signed? An uprising in the happening? Is the world undergoing any assessment?

Sorry, but nothing of that sort. What is this all about then? Puzzled? Read on…

In a couple of days from now, 3 bollywood movies of dissimilar genre are ready to hit the silver screen. The only similarity I see is all these one word movies are starting with the 4th English Alphabet, D. Hence, it’s gonna be a D day.

When it comes to hype and expectations, Dostana tops the chart. I am sure this flick would be quite a usual one with certainly a fresh look and a lot of catchy camera work and obviously Piggy Chops, who will serve as an eye candy once again after the recent Fashion. Of course, if at all I make it for this one; I will be entering with zero expectations. All the best to K Jo and Mansukhani for this venture.

The next on the chart is Dasvidaniya (which means Good Bye in Russian). Somehow, the promos seem to be quite unusual but I personally feel this would be a light romantic. The soothing part is the squad of class actors which will make me feel like watching it once but I shall prefer to try it out only if the box office verdict turns out to be pleasing. All the best to Azam Khan and Shashant Shan for this endeavor.

The third big (controversy has made it big) gun is Deshdrohi. An absolute naïve cast and crew, lack of avant-garde look & feel and junky music – All the above factors, surprisingly I feel, are not going to be an obstacle any more for this flick to click. These factors are overshadowed by the subject of the movie and the time of its release. I am looking forward for a DVD print to be released soon so that I can enjoy this flick at my private lounge aka my master bedroom. All the best to KRK and Jagdish Sharma for this gamble.

This is D, Oops Dilip signing off….

No comments: