Wednesday, October 28, 2015

6. Opportunity.

When I want to attempt a new thing, the mind tends to ask a few blocking questions –

  • 1       Am I really made to do this?
  • 2       How can I do this when the whole world know that I am not this kind of person
  • 3       Will I be able to do this?
  • 4       Well, what difference will it make if I don’t do this?

These questions come out of a blend of ego, fear and image that is not me but a set of wrappers evolved over a period of time. As a result, I tend to limit myself to explore things. I limit the abundance of choices that are offered to me.

If I surpass this stage, the mind might counter attack and on a philosophical note it quotes – When you came to the life, you were empty and when you will quit this world, you will be empty again then why to get into intricacies of doing this and that. Just live as-is and have fun. What’s the harm?

Factually the mind quote about empty is true. However, what happens between the birth and death is LIFE which is nothing but an opportunity. Winners and Losers both survive after the sport is over but winners survive with a sense of achievement, a feeling of accomplishment.

I need to make a choice if between the two empty phases, I want to turn the Opportunity into empty or strive to explore the plenty.

No comments: