Sunday, October 15, 2017

5. Cop at Airoli Circle.

Today, the roads witnessed lower volumes of wheels on their tar-face. I chose to cruise to work. As I was nearing Airoli circle, I could see a cop waving at me with a smile. In next 3 seconds, if I describe what I thought it would take around 30 seconds to read. Mind is such a potent machine.

Do I have all the documents? Am I having the number plate visible? Oh! It’s a festive season coming up so he might be possessing thoughts of buying some sweets. Did I jump any traffic light? There wasn’t any though! Was I speeding? At 40 kmph, is it called speeding? Oh my God, is it the rear view mirrors again? Since the rear view mirrors are below the handlebar and barely visible from a distance, I suspected the same.

Meanwhile, I passed him by a couple of meters and he was still smiling.

With due respect, I decelerated the beast and got it to a standstill. He walked swiftly and gently put forth his request.

Ah! Ok, jump on – I shall be more than happy to drop you – exclaimed the happy me.

On our way, I asked him about his Diwali plans to which he was not excited and just replied that we have no option but to be on duty – all the more alert.

I attempted to appreciate him by saying – Since you guys are awake, we are able to sleep well and I mean it. I believe he must have smiled though I couldn’t experience his expression for obvious reason.

However he added which confirmed my assumption – We are happy that we get a little bit of appreciation amid the heap of curse.

I was like – even I curse at times but then yes, I do have an immense respect for your duties that perimeter the amount of risk and bureaucracy involved. He didn’t want to comment but he softly uttered – It’s a part of life.

The statement was appended by – Nice, comfortable bike you have especially for the pillion; a relaxed back support This time he must have missed my chuckle that was behind the helmet and also, not facing his face.
                                                                                                                                                                                    
Happy Diwali, Stay happy and thank you so much – He voiced with a big smile on his face as he got down.


My reply to him was nearly the same as the rubber vroomed through the Thane-Belapur tar and somehow, the smile was maintained until I swiped the card at the entry.

No comments: