Sunday, April 12, 2020

6. Questions and Answers.


Questions to Self, and Answers (to Self) too...
How much money do I have? The number should include everything that can be liquidated except the house that I live in!
Amid all this, am I happy? If the honest reply is yes, I can stop right here and resume enjoying life…
How much money do I normally need to spend? Count for recurring expenses, basic medical expenses, spending that occurs once, twice, thrice a year and some random rational expenses. Do not consider like 50 million for sudden health crisis. Have faith!
Am I earning for the next generation? If so, until what age of my next generation, should I earn?
Will my next generation require my money once it starts earning on its own? Will it really need a new house soon as it starts earning or after few years of staying with me, the folks in that generation can buy their own!
Who will they earn for, if I earn for their entire life? For their next, really!
What percentage of saving is actually important? Consider the saving to earnings ratio!
What do I plan to do with my savings? And When? Whatever I plan does it generate happiness as a result of consumption or only accumulation like piling up new assets, gold, long term investments!
With the increase in my earning, does my saving also increase or do I start spending more? Yes, consider a regular percentage of inflation, but what do I equate the happiness of my raise with more spending or more saving!
What am I going to take along? How much baggage is allowed? Do I intend to die rich!
Amid all this, am I happy? If the honest reply is yes, I can stop right here and resume enjoying life…
Do I take stress, am I anxious, do I have insecurity related to money? Am I programmed to think that I will be running out of money someday and hence I need to save more and more!
Do I really feel I will have absolutely zero money someday in my life? What makes me feel save so much and just keep accumulating!
Am I not confident about my abilities to feed myself, my family and take care of all the expenses related to the necessities in life?
Is the constant insecurity in subconscious and to an extent in conscious, that stops me for living a wonderful life, worth?
Do I keep feeling that by compromising on many things in my life, I am not compromising it actually, but I am happy to do that? I need to think of the things that I really like but not doing / buying those. Had these things been available for free, would I buy!
Amid all this, am I happy? If the honest reply is yes, I can stop right here and resume enjoying life…
Whom do I want to prove that I have accumulated wealth in my life? Also, when do I want to prove it?
Even if I prove it, what will it satisfy? My Ego? Is my identity only related to the accumulation that I am constantly doing!
Am I really into a competition of hoarding money? What is the result of the competition? Am I the frog in the well!
What are my ambitions and aspiration leading towards? Do I want to build and maintain my image to show anyone and everyone that I am something and everything!
When I brag, do I think that I am the only one bragging and the rest of the world is interested in listening to by brag or is each one pouncing on their own turn to brag? In this consolidated, chaotic bragging, how many are listeners, how many are speakers and what is the outcome!
Amid all this, am I happy? If the honest reply is yes, I can stop right here and resume enjoying life…
If I really, thoroughly, honestly sit back and calculate, do I have or not have enough to live a happy and healthy life? Whose life? My Life? My Life that I am living for myself or My Life that I am living to prove it to a set of people!
If I am living my life to prove it to others, am I not doing the biggest charity of my life?!

No comments: