Wednesday, April 1, 2020

1. Run-Snatch-Run.


Run-Snatch-Run

Being an outdoor person, it gets challenging to stay home. Be it fitness or conversations or anything that can be avoided indoors, I prefer exteriors. I feel pepped up.

Few weeks back, I had been hearing of early morning incidences of mobile-snatching on the service road parallel to Eastern Express highway, which is my regular route for running and sun-facing work-outs.

Also, in my Cycling group on WhatsApp, there was a mention by someone who had experienced it himself along the same route.

I did get a bit cautious but honestly, didn’t pay much attention. I kept up with my scheduled regimes.

One day while running, I saw a police van in front of me. Usually, there is one near the traffic light, but this was a different one and at another location. As I approached the van, I saw the cop on the driver seat gesturing to stop-by. I didn’t assume that it is for me, so I kept my pace on. Once I got close, he slid his hand outside the window and asked me to stop.

I greeted him and the cop next to him. To my surprise, both responded back. The police on the passenger seat conveyed me about the incidents happening and asked me if I was aware of it. I mentioned that I have heard of a few but honestly, haven’t bothered to dig further.

He requested me to run with mobile in the pocket. To which I responded – Sir, I do not have a pocked in the running gear that I am wearing today but from next time on, I shall ensure.

Both of them said – Dhyan Rakho aur hume support karo (Take care and support us).

I bid adieu to them and the remainder of the stride left me with a couple of thoughts –

·               How nicely are they proactively alarming us at the wee hours! Really appreciate.
·               Those who are performing the act of snatching phones at 5-6am in the morning, what kind of situation must they be going through? (Of course, I am not supporting them but thoughts can come from anywhere)

I narrated this incident to one of my friends who travels along for office. To her misfortune, in a couple of weeks, her iPhone was lifted during her morning run!!

No comments: