Tuesday, May 29, 2018

10. Expect, Yes!


Driving in the city is fun with a baggage of a lot of things. To reduce the weight and add more fun, I did an experiment recently.

A vehicle coming from the opposite side yet in the lane that I am driving is quite typical on the internal roads. However, it does arrive and comes with a frustration on my mind. It approaches and passes by; thwarting stays. Similarly some one overtaking from left and coming parallel to the car for going straight, despite me with left turn indicators on is another common scenario that looks quite normal for everyone except me who is behind the steering. There are similar situations that many of us would have encountered.

At the end of the days, seldom anything happens to the car or the situation but a ding is created in mind. The stuff in the exterior will keep happening and is not in my control. The reaction from my interior comes out of the expecation in mind. My brain doesn’t want to expect the hindarances on the way.

What if I start asking it to expect?

Eureka! I am driving on a single lane. There is no vehicle ahead of me and there are 2 vehicles approaching me, while they are in their respective lane. The first of them is the slowest. Hence, I ask the mind to expect the vehicle #2 to pass #1 and zoom in the gap between the two of us. It does expect and is happy if the expecation fulfils and if it doesn’t, I feel elated.

Driving in the city is now more fun and the baggage has reduced. Hope the fun continues.

No comments: