Monday, May 14, 2018

5. Execute Higher.

Execute Higher.

Aim Higher - is an old proverb and a popular one too. There are some proverbs in the language that have a contradicting partner. I haven't heard of anything that refutes this one. However, I am experiencing it to an extent, off late.

Before the morning running regime, I have been feeling lazy these days. Initially I would pump my mind by saying Aim Higher, even if you execute less it's alright. This didn't result in any motivation. Thereafter, I attempted an opposite. I negotiated before the start and settled down with my mind for a 3km run, to which the mind agreed.

Even for 3km the mind wasn't ready to come out of inertia. I would remind it about the negotiated number. It would concur to start. Once it gained momentum, it became a little easy to initiate a bargain for an extra km. Despite subtle apprehension, it would budge.

With the support of legs, it became little less difficult to keep adding half a kilometre. It's been 6th Run of the month today and haven't done less than 7km on the tar in any of those.

Love to play tricks - Aim lower, Execute higher.

PS: No intent to damage any proverb, just exploring the other side of the coin.

No comments: