Tuesday, May 29, 2018

11. Love, Repaid!


Love, Repaid!

A few years ago, I was strolling with a friend. On our way, a tall stray dog was struggling to eat the food that was lying on the ground. I didn’t find anything unusual as I assumed he will attempt to bite and eat.

As we walked a couple of steps, she turned back and started fiddling with the food. I was like, what is she upto. I walked back and observed that she was making pieces out of a whole bread. Once she was done, the dog started eating and we recommenced the walk.

We would have hardly walked 30 steps and all I hear is a barking sound from behind. As we turned back, she received a hug from the biggie. It was a wow moment.

I was reminded of this incident few days back, while I was running on the highway. A dog was trying to get something out of a plastic bag. I stopped by and bent down. The bag was knotted and I could sense some food inside it. I untangled it and took the food outside. I ensured that he starts eating it. I sustained the run and after running around 50 meters, looked back to see if I am gonna be lucky enough. Alas! He had started walking northwards. However, I felt happy about him and continued south.

No comments: